What are Alpha Brainwaves and What are the Benefits of Alpha Brainwave Entrainment?
Alpha brain waves were discovered in the year 1908 by Hans Berger using a very first amplifier of his design. Alpha brain waves are generated by the pacemaker cells in the thalamus and have an electrical frequency of between 8 -13 hertz.They are therefore neither the fastest nor the slowest rate but are always the biggest amplitude waves. Alpha brainwaves are more common in a wakeful state that is characterized by a relaxed and effortless alertness and especially when you are day dreaming or consciously exercising mindfulness or meditation. For example, a person who has just completed his or her task and sits down to relax is in the Alpha state. Alpha brainwaves can also be developed by doing aerobic exercises. The more the Alpha brainwave, the more the alpha spindles. Spindles refer to a group of alpha cells traveling together.
What Happens in the Alpha Brainwave State When Mixing Meditation and Alpha Waves?
Are you suffering from high blood pressure or insufficient flow of cerebral blood? Do you want to improve your creativity or performance in your studies and sports activities? Have you been stressed, depressed or undergoing through chronic pain? If yes, then try Alpha Brainwaves, and you will not regret your decision.
How is the Alpha Brain State Used and What are the Benefits of Alpha Brain Wave Stimulation?
Alpha brain waves are a necessity for creativity. Past studies by different scientist have shown that highly creative people in the world have unlike brain waves from ordinary non-creative people. To achieve a high creative inspiration through the use of Alpha Brainwaves, your brain needs to be in a position to yield a significant alpha brain bursts. Brains of very creative people can generate such large bursts of Alpha brainwaves when faced with challenges to solve and therefore can address these problems more efficiently. Increased creativity is facilitatory to everyone, and therefore you need to learn how to increase your alpha brainwaves. Alpha brainwaves are improved by use of various strategies such as:
Use of green tea: Green tea contains various constituents that can increase your Alpha brainwave when you need it. One of the constituents is the L-theanine which has been shown to be a major contributor to this effect. Caffeine is also a good dose that can help you to increase your Alpha brainwaves. Direct alpha stimulation: it involves an application of small electric pulse across the head, or using an alpha meditation music download.
Meditation: Meditation helps you to increase your Alpha brain waves as well as give you the mental resources to re-enter that state of mind at will without the use of technological machinery. This method, however, requires frequent practice always to stimulate your Alpha wave when you get into a meditating state.
2. Helps to achieve peak performance
Achieving peak performance is another activity that requires the use of Alpha Brainwaves. As of late, applied sports psychology research has shown that an increase of every Alpha brain wave leads to peak performance in every sports activity that was tested. For example, the only difference between elite athletes and novice is in their Alpha brainwaves.
Ways to Use Alpha Brainwave Music to Enter An Alpha Level Meditation State
The Brainwave can be used by everyone to increase his or her creativity as well as boost his/her performance. For example; the athletes can achieve peak performance if they carefully utilize their Alpha Brainwaves. Other benefits linked with the utilization of the Alpha Brainwave include;
- Increase memory retentively, concentration and focus to learn for good.
- An alpha brainwave assists in the reduction of high blood pressure and therefore helps to eliminate health problems caused by an increase in blood sugar levels to assist with weight loss.
- Enables you to recall our past dreams and meditative states.
- Helps to Increase cerebral blood flow.
- Contributes to visual creativity, and triggers imaginations.
- Alpha Brainwaves also act as a highway to meditation.
- Alpha wave biofeedback has been to be a useful tool in the treatment of anxiety and depression.
What Alpha Meditation Techniques Will Do When Combined With Scientifically Proven Ways to Increase Alpha Brain Waves
- They help to reduce stress as well as anxiety while boosting the immune system
- Contribute to increasing in the overall functioning of the brain
- The Alpha brainwaves also contribute to the development of an impression of inner peace and relaxation.
- Alleviates emotional bonding
- Increases creativity and therefore one can think outside the box.
What are the Potentially Non-Beneficial Side Effects of Listening to too Much Alpha State Music?
- Excessive daydreaming.
- Leads to boredom and drowsiness
- Deprivation of focus often due to under stimulation
- Increased receptivity to suggestions, both positive and negative